Thursday, June 30, 2011

The best it's gonna get.


I have been in a kind of weird mood. I want to do crafts all the time. I want to paint. I want to clean and organize everything. Like I said, weird. But it's like my release from everything. It calms me when I am able to throw junk away. It relaxes me when I create something, anything. Recently Curt and I have been steadily cleaning out the things we don't need and utilizing the space we have (which is not much, but plenty for us). Our room right now is the cleanest it has ever been! We have never been able to close our closet doors until a few days ago; it looks so much bigger now. We were using out closet doors as a place to hang ties/belts/purses/scarves/and even pants. We finally found a solution for this messy situation. We bought an eight dollar door hanger thinger-ma-bob and voila! Space was created. It looks a ton better and when I walk into our room, I don't just stare at the hanging mess surrounding our closet with disgust and anxiety. Now I look with a pleasant satisfaction. We are living here for another year, and maybe another after that. Who knows. But we definitely are going to keep adding to our apartment little by little, making it more and more like home (but really all I need is Curt to feel at home). You can find me always on BHG.com, looking up new ideas for our little home. I get so inspired, Curt just thinks I'm transitioning into my grandma stage. But I love it so much! Ahhhh, so many great ideas out there. It makes me want our own home, one where we can paint and decorate as we wish. One day Vanessa, one day.

Here are a few snap shots of what our apartment looks like as of now. 
There's all of our ties/scarves/purses hanging on our door.



I finally got around to putting up our wedding pictures last week after I found these great frames at a thrift store. <3

Another one of my favorite thrifty finds. I bought this coat rack for $9 dollars and found these hats at antique shops around town.
TV stand.

More pictures I found at a thrift store. I <3 them.

1 comment:

  1. I love those hats! I just might have to go thrifting with you sometime, those are fantastic!

    Isabel

    adoseoflovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...