Monday, January 30, 2012

A Few Major Updates

Our first update required a lot of consideration, communication, and compassion. We made a that we will be drinking 1% milk from now on. We currently are drinking the much healthier skim milk, which I have grown up on from childhood. It is all I know and what I am used to, but I think it is time to switch it up and welcome that more fattening, more fuller milk into our lives.

Our second is a bittersweet update. Curt worked his last day at the 26 branch out my Meijer. He worked there for FOUR years and will now be transferring over to the branch on Purdue's campus, which will work a lot better with his schedule and location. There were a lot of hugs exchanged and tears shed on that sad Friday evening. He received a card of appreciation from his co-workers which had an array of nicknames for Curt, which were:
1. Curt-Dawg (classic)
2. Curty-Curt
3. Curty-Birdie
4. CurtBop (hopefully a cd will come out in the near future)
5. Curtmeister
6. Curty Boy

This is Sarah, who worked with Curt the entire time he was at 26.
Curt definitely is missing and will miss the 26 branch. He had such wonderful co-workers, managers, and friends there. Curt always says that a job isn't worth it unless you love the people you work with, and this job was definitely worth it. But we are also excited for the new environment and opportunities ahead. 

Update #3. My birthday is this very week. I really can't believe it. I have been talking about is since before Christmas, and now it is finally here! 3 more days....Gosh, I really want it to be now. We're not quite sure how were gonna celebrate this one...I mean it is a pretty big deal. It's the big 2-1. Let me know if you have any splendid exciting ideas! I'll give you a little sneak peak of what's on my wish list:

Look at these beauties! Image the damage I could do on the court with these.
These super cute duck boots from Sorel. <3

I need to stay hydrated!

Lovely dress from ASOS.
I could continue for a while. But these are a few of the things I have my eyes set on. I definitely have a thing for shoes & dresses though. Love love love. You can never have enough of those two things. 

Well, until we meet again. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Great birthday list, but may I throw out a caution to the water bottle? So I have had 2 of those water bottles in the last year, and they have both broken on me. Now they do have a lifetime guarantee, but really, are you gonna pay to send in the part and have them replace it, all the while water bottle-less?? (The second bottle only lasted 3 months before it broke). The whole thing is infuriating to me because I really like the water bottle!! :(

    So here is my solution, (or at least the one I am doing right now). I like the size of the camelbak, but the mouthpiece is what keeps breaking. BUT, my kiddos have the kid camelbak, and their top fits on the bottom of my bottle, so far so good! If this doesn't make sense, you can ask me about it in person.

    Haha, sorry about the long note!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...