Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thrifty Thursday Begins...

& I would rather by thrifty.
I love saving money and being crafty.
On thrifty Thursdays,
I will share how I save money,
the beauties I find at thrift stores,
and DIY projects that are fun & affordable.

Being close to Valentine's Day,
I thought I would focus on a few super cute home decor ideas that are easy & cheap!
The first one is an adorable garland that you can put up any where in your home sweet home.


All you need is:
1. an old newspaper/ magazine
2. scissors
3. Heart shaped hole punch
4. glue
5. string

The great thing is you probably have most of that at home! And when it is done you have this adorable, trendy garland.

OR, if you want to go more colorful,
 you can make this garland:


This one is just as simple. Next time you are at your local Wal-mart,
grab a few of the paint strips and a heart hole punch,
then start punching away!
You then sew a long string right through the hearts to make one cute garland.

Now, I'm off to make my apartment more Valentiney!

I'd Rather Be Thrifting picture can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...