Thursday, February 17, 2011

The ups and the downs.

This week has been a little crazy.
It started great with Valentine's,
but then dropped quickly to bad.
I discovered, my fifth week into the semester,
that I HAVE BEEN ATTENDING THE WRONG ENGLISH CLASS.
Are you kidding me! I still can't believe it.
This is what happened.
The class I registered for is in HEAV 128.
I have been in the classroom right across the hallway,
HEAV 129.
The funny thing is,
in the class I have been going to,
He has everyone write their name on a list for attendance.
He never once called out attendance.
Because of this, I never thought twice about it.
I have turned in two papers,
He never said anything.
I am definitely not blaming him.
I should have known,
I just find it ironic how those two things worked together.
I an hoping that when I am old,
and have little Curts and Vanessas running around,
I can tell this story and laugh.
I also hope that when I tell this story,
It will have a good ending.
So that was my stressful, sad, crazy part of the week.
Now my very exciting, happy part.
One:
I applied for an internship early January.
I gave up hope when I didn't hear from them early Febraury.
BUT, after I mourned and was a little (a lot) depressed,
They called!
They offered the job!
I am still in shock.
I will be designing mortar boards
or commonly known as
school datebooks for many many schools.
I am so excited.
The people seem great,
the atmosphere is wonderful,
and they have CRAFT parties.
It is perfect.
Two:
My swimsuit was delivered.
I am getting more and more excited about FLORIDA.
almost obsessed.
but this is my Jantzen suit.


















Definitely a reason to celebrate.


















5 comments:

  1. Sorry about your English class - wow that sucks. Who was your teacher? Mario teaches English there and probably knows him. Good luck with that and congrats on your internship. And that is a fab suit - good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot dang! makin the big bucks! :)
    really. REALLY. happy for yous
    love that swimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want your first datebook that you design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily: DONZO. i will make a personalized one just for you. It will say "Vanessa loves emily so much and wishes she was in Lafayette with her everyday so they can have dance parties and sing really loud and jump off cliffs together." How's that for a start?
    Wendy: I'm in english 250-and my professors name is Professor Saunders. He is super chill and loves to talk a lot. He is being very supportive about this whole situation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...