Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's period (this is a long one).

Curt is good at surprises.
He does the unexpected.
This is another reason I love him.
Anyways.
Friday, at work, I received a package.
I was slightly confused.
What could this be?
There was a dozen red tulips
with my name on it.
It was from none other than my one and only,
Curty Curt.
Definitely caught me off guard. 




Those made up for his camping trip Friday night.
Saturday was a spledid day as well.
I worked from 7-12 while
Curt went to an art gallery in Crawfordsville
with his little boy scouts.
Adorable.
My brother and I enjoyed a delicious 5 dollar footlong.
Holler.
I am addicted right now.
Upon arriving home,
Curt and I took a quick nappy.
We have come to heavily rely on our naps.
We then cleaned here and there.
Then we looked through our wonderful Oprah Cookbook,
figuring out what we want to make for the official Valentine's Day.
Everything looks so good.
Then we went to Nine Irish Bros.
Gotta love them.
We had the Valentine's deal,
ribeye, shrimp, asparagus, and taters,
all for 32 dollars.
 good deal.
And then Curt had another surprise up his sleeve.
"How bout we go ice skating. That sounds fun."-Curt
I guess we could do our grocery shopping after, I thought.
We headed to the ice rink on this wonderful evening.
And it just so happened that Curt had my scarf and my hat and some long sockies with him.
i was a little suspicious now.
We get our gear on and skate for a while when...
A bunch of our friends start showing up!
It was a surprise skate party!
I had a balloon and birthday hat.
I loved it.
It actually was a joint birthday party,
with Matt Olsen.
The decade party-
I am 20- he is going to be 30.
Whoop whoop.
We had blue angel food cake after.
Matt's fave.
And after the partay was over,
Curt and I finished the night off with Baby Mama.
Great movie, hilarious characters.

Can you believe this weekend so far?? It's not even over, let alone Valentine's Day yet.

Sunday was great.
Curt and I made delicious pancakes on our griddle.
We then made little heart shaped sugar cookies,
which we gave away to our Beehives and Deacons.
and then we had a Valentine's Bash at the Isenbarger casa.
Everyone we loved was there,
Lynn, Craig, Pooma, Grandma, James, Curt and I.
We had Hawaiian punch, stuffed pork, salad, taters, and peas.
SO good.
We love our family dinners.
We love our family.

After we went over to one of our BFFs
 and played with their adorable gray kitten.
I want one.

And now, It is officially Valentine's Day.
What will happen next?
I don't know if you can top a weekend like this.

We decided to make another Oprah creation:
Moroccan Chickies over Couscous
 with sauteed garlic orange spinach.


sliced garlic and diced mint. powerful stuff right here.

fresh spinach for our "garlic orange spinach"

our delicious chicken thighs, seasoned with cumin, salt, and pep

finished result. <3

nomnomnom

1 comment:

  1. so fun! :) wish we were there. we woulda busted out skate moves that would have made you wish it was your birthday every.day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...