Friday, April 22, 2011

Used can look good.

So today I had one of my communications presentations. We have been working on this forever. I made posters, a website, and my group put together an infomercial about the event we want to host (more on this later, I'm sure your dying to know how it went).

Anyways, we are required to look professional.  
Stuntin' in other words. 
(I love dress up days)
This was my outfit for the day:






I was complimented 4 times today at school.
And asked 3 times where I bought them.
You know what I told them?
Goodwill baby.
Everything I wore today was from GW.
The shirt is from Limited.
I bought it for 4.65
(normally 29.90 from The Limited)
My sexy work pants are from Limited.
I bought them for 3.99
(normally 69.90 from The Limited)
My adorbly shoes are from target.
I bought them for 3.00.
(normally 16.95 from Target)
The outfit's total=$11. 64

So moral of the lesson is, 
used can look good.
You just have to look a little harder.

And now your wondering about the presentation I was working so hard on. WELL, our objective was to convince our school president (Cordova) to award us with a $1500 dollar grant, which we would then use to enhance the Purdue experience. Our group decided to do an obstacle course, a muddy one. We called this event "Klimbing for Kids" and we would open it up to all Purdue students. Not only would their be an awesome obstacle course, but we would invite three local charities to come, allowing students to learn more about them and volunteer with their programs. Sounds good doesn't it? It gets better. I made a poster for this hypothetical event:


Now you want to go, don't you? I for sure do. So we passed this poster out to all of our classmates and instructor. They were impressed. Heck, I am impressed. I love it. But wait, it gets even better. I put together a website for this fake event. 


This site is awesome. If you ever need to build a free website for anything, go to wix.com. It's super easy and addicting. 
We didn't stop there. Our group got together, on a frigid windy day, and made a promotional video for the event. There is no way Cordova could say no to us. Not after this video. 

It's on my facebook if you want to check it out. I think it's silly. facebook


SOOO that is what has consumed my life right now. But it's been fun, and I had a great group. That helps a lot. Curt's been working on a group presentation right now too. When he's done with his, I'll show you what they did. They thought of some pretty awesome stuff. Stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

  1. I <3 goodwill...and your outfit. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I just pretty much got my entire summer wardrobe from Goodwill for the amount that I probably would have spent on one article of clothing at the mall. Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...