Sunday, January 23, 2011

A little motivation goes a long way.

Where would we be in life with no purpose, nothing to look forward to? It amazes me how some people believe that there is nothing to live for, once we die, we die. I don't understand how you can live with that kind of perspective? You need something to look forward to, something to push you through the rough times. For example, couple volleyball. The only thing keeping me going through the weeks in the promise of a competitive game of volleyball. What is more rewarding that winning a long volley with a beautiful set and a perfect hit? Ahh I love that feeling. I love the sweat dripping down my back. It tells me I am working for the win. It's even better when you are along side you wonderfully athletic and competitive husband. When we get together to play a sport, or anything at that matter, we play hard. It is definitely something that ties us together.

But I can't tell you enough, couples volleyball is wonderful. I think about it all week. Man, I wish it was Friday all ready. So we can play some volleyball. But it's not all about the game, it has a lot to do with the people. So many good people come and make the whole night a blast. Everyone that comes all know each other so well. It's kind of a little cult. Kinda-not really. Just a big group of friends.

And what makes it even better is hanging out AFTER volleyball. Man oh man. I love people. I am definitely a person who NEEDS people. I need to converse and be surrounded by individuals. And this is a great opportunity. Friday night, we kicked it at our place for a while eating Kelly's delicious oreo cheesecake cupcakes (to die for) and discussing how many syllables are in words.

Words we discussed: Every (2 or 3 syllables?), Argyle (2 or 3 syllables?)...i think we can to the conclusion they both have two. But this debate was ongoing...








And last couples volleyball we played Quelf, one of the most ridiculous and random games I have ever played (thank you Ryan Habben).


I am so glad we bumped it up to every two weeks now.

4 comments:

  1. i CANNOT tell you how much we love playing volleyball! all of our young married friends have moved away. so we are enjoying being around people in similar stages in life :) and i live for volleyball night, too. i look forward to it ALL TWO WEEKS! :) ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we need a recipe post: oreo cheesecake cupcakes sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol they definitely were! They were the making of Kelly, who posted the comment above. We will need to swipe it from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa hijacked my identity and wrote the previous post, not me. Just so everyone knows.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...