Monday, January 24, 2011

More about my Mondays.

Setting: YMCA
Job: To greet members and answer phones and crack some jokes and make people feel at home.
Time: 6:38 pm
Situation: A man calls the YMCA. I hear children in the background. This is the conversation:


Man: Can you page Megan B.? (Name will not be fully revealed)
Me: Sorry sir, we aren't able to page anyone in the building.
Man: Okay, can you go find her?
Me: We aren't able to do that either. It's our privacy policy.
Man: Well, leave her a message. Tell her that her babysitter is QUITTING as of now. He is DONE. She better come back and get her kids. I am NOT taking care of them anymore.
Me: (trying to hold my laughter inside, not working) Is everything okay sir?
Man: Yes, give her the message.

I was crackin up. It was funnier in person. Believe me.

I work every Monday, 2:00pm-10:00pm. It's a pretty rough day. Especially after going to class from 7:30 am- 12:30 pm. Man oh man. I am dead. I took a quick nappy when I got home, that helped a little. But there is one thing that helps me get through the evening. My wonderful husband, Curt Dawg, brings me dinner at approximately 7:45. I absolutely love this. It breaks up my evening a little, and I get a small break from the onslaught of members. Curt is too good to me. Today he picked up sammiches from South Street. Nom nom nom. If you haven't been there, you need to. It's on South Street, believe it or not. Anyways, I was starving by 7:45 and let me tell you, that pulled pork sammiche tasted glorious. Especially when topped with fresh corn bread smothered in butter and honey. Are you salivating yet? And on top of that, I was with the most handsome loving man in the world. It can't get better than that. Unless, of course, I was eating a Curt Dawg sammiche. But we won't get into that. 

I guess what I am trying to say is, Curt makes my life a million times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...