Sunday, September 26, 2010

Puttin us to work.

Last week, our bishop set up an appointment with us. We were called into one of his counselor's offices. We knew a calling was coming...we were preparing ourselves for nursery, crying babies, and dirty diapers from the moment we entered the family ward. I wanted them to get it over with! Then he asked us if we were ready to serve, really ready. I hesitated a little bit. I suppose were ready. Yes, I think we are ready. Maybe.
They started with me. I held me breathe for a few dramatic seconds. "Vanessa, you are called to serve....with the Young Women!" A sigh of relief. Yessss. No babies...yet. I am going to be working with the beehives! I am so super excited. I imagine sleepovers and crafts and cute handouts. This will be great, and kinda weird. If you think about it, a little more than a year ago, I was still in Young Women's. That's a little weird to me, but whatever!
Then Curt. He put on his serious face, wondering what could be in store for him. "You, Brother Isenbarger, are called to serve with....the Young Men!" Say what! We both completely skipped nursery. How that happened, I have no clue. But Curt will be Scout Master and Deacon's adviser. Oh ya, on top of that, Curt was called today to be on the service committee. So, pretty much we will never see each other again. Curt was telling me his responsibilities, and there were so many! He's in charge of camping trips, merit badges, lessons, activities, and lots more time consuming things. Even so, Curt will be amazing with these young men. He relates to kids so well, and I think they will look up to him a ton.
We both are so excited for our callings in the First Ward. This will be an exciting adventure and many great opportunities ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...