Sunday, October 3, 2010

I come here to find myself.



I absolutely love weddings. They are beautiful and when Curt and I were invited to one of his friend's wedding, we were definitely excited. The trip to Normal, IL was even better because Lynn came with us! The wedding was in a small wooded area, with a small, rustic chapel and picnic area. The ceremony was held outside in the middle of woods. The guests sat on large logs covered with white vinyl. There was a violinist, guitarist, and banjo playing throughout the ceremony to fit the mood. Their theme song was "All I want is you", which I thought was adorable. The lyrics are so cute:

If you were a wink, I'd be a nod
If you were a seed, well I'd be a pod.
If you were the floor, I'd wanna be the rug
And if you were a kiss, I know I'd be a hug.



That was my favorite verse. Anyways, following the ceremony there were horse drawn carriage rides (which Lynn loved), tons of cookies, and drinks. It was a time to chat and catch up with people. We didn't know too many people there, but Lynn and Curt talking with their old neighbor for a while which was fun!

Later that evening was the dinner. The restaurant was call Macini, in downtown Normal, IL. I loved it! They used wood to decorate the     entire restaurant. It was a very unique and chic place to dine. The area they used for the reception was beautiful. The decorations were lovely. Did I mention how much I love weddings? Well, this is one of the reasons. I absolutely love all the decorations and happy people. But the food was wondreful! We have delicious hors d'oeuvres to prepare us for salad, seasoned chicken, lasagna, smoked macaroni, and roasted potatoes. Oh my goodness. It was wonderful. Our tummy's were happy.

But we had a blast talking with Michelle's mother and friends. It was great to meet some of Curt's childhood friends. It's always fun to learn more about their younger experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...