Thursday, October 14, 2010

I used to think I was an artist.

Until today.

I was shown this website, a little sketical at first. The title of the article being:

She’s just 8, yet she’s painted art worth $250,000 

 How on Earth could an 8 year old girl sell a painting--that she made--for that much money? I was intrigued. 

Then I was bewildered. Amazed. Bewildered again. 

This child is a prodigy. I envy her. I yearn for the abilities that she was given from birth! I'll tell you a little about her. And you too will be amazed. This little girl, Autumn de Forest,  first painted when she was in her fives. No-not her forties or fifties- in her FIVES. She asked to paint for fun. A normal kid thing to do. Her father gave her a paint brush, some wood stain, and a piece of wood. She turned it into this abstract masterpiece! Who knew? Her parents then started taking her seriously. They bought her professional paint and canvases. 

She now paints on canvas 4 ft by 6 ft. She is approximately 4'2" tall. She needs a later to paint the entire canvas. The crazy thing is, she has never taken lessons! Are you kidding me?? Am I in school for nothing?? I should stay home and paint like Autumn, maybe then would I become an artist. I like that idea. 

Here are a few of her paintings:








She is incredible. A god given talent to this little girl. She paints with emotions years beyond her age. She paints with skill many never achieve.


article on autumn

1 comment:

  1. this. is. incredible. oh my gosh! wow. i'm in shock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...